The 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing financial support for the families of police, fire and rescue personnel who have risked and lost their lives in the protection of our communities.
Each year, the Board of Directors of the 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties performs an assessment of its financial health and it budgets some of its financial resources to be distributed in the form of Valor Awards, which will change from time-to-time. The number of Valor Awards issued each year is solely at the discretion of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors also selects the Valor Awards Committee chairperson, the Valor Awards Committee members and it establishes the guidelines under which the Valor Awards Committee operates.
It is the mandate of the Valor Awards Committee to fulfill the directives of the Board of Directors. These directives include, but are not limited to:
1. The number of Valor Awards to issue for each County and
2. The criteria to utilize when selecting the applicants chosen to receive the Valor Awards.
Accordingly, to be eligible for consideration of a Valor Award, the nominee must be a public safety officer at the State, County and Municipal levels who has excelled in his/her respective responsibilities, has exhibited ‘Beyond the Call of Duty’ attributes and fulfill one of each of the two requirements:
1. The action that precipitates the Valor Award nomination must meet any one of the following geographic requirements:
a. The incident must have taken place in Atlantic or Cape May Counties, or
b. The nominee must be a resident of Atlantic or Cape May Counties, or
c. The nominee must be regularly assigned to their respective duty related responsibilities in either Atlantic or Cape May Counties,
2. The nominee must be currently-active, currently-disabled or deceased who worked in one of the following local, county, or NJ State groups:
a. Law Enforcement (including local police, NJ State Police, Prosecutor’s Office, Sheriff’s Office), or
b. Fire Fighters, or
c. Emergency Medical Services
The Valor Award Nomination Form:
The following are the steps that you should follow to acquire a 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties Valor Award nomination form:
1. On this website, there is a hyperlink to Valor Award Nomination Form.
2. Click on that hyperlink and download the Valor Award nomination form and print it on your home printer, or work printer WITH PROPER PERMISSION,
3. Complete all of the requested items in the blanks provided on the official nomination form in your own handwriting or you may type onto the official form, which is available in Microsoft Word format.
1. Neatness counts. Please make sure that all items are completed clearly Incomplete nominations in our possession by the end of business on the deadline date will not be considered
2. It is the nominator’s responsibility to assure that we have received the complete Valor Award nomination. We will not be responsible for undelivered, incomplete, improperly addressed or lost nominations
3. Always keep a copy of your nomination at your home just in case it gets lost in the mail and we request a duplicate nomination.
4. Nominations must be submitted through the appropriate channels within each public safety agency. The 200 Club of Atlantic & Cape May Counties only accepts nominations from ranking Officers of local departments in Cape May and Atlantic Counties or their designee, and from the representatives listed below:
a. Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, or designee;
b. President of the Atlantic County Police Chiefs Association, or designee;
c. President of the Cape May County Police Chiefs Association, or designee;
d. President of the Atlantic County Fire Chiefs Association, or designee;
e. President of the Cape May County Fire Chiefs Association, or designee;
f. Coordinator of the Atlantic County Rescue Squads, or designee;
g. Coordinator of the Cape May Counties Rescue Squads, or designee;
h. Sheriff of Atlantic County, or designee;
i. Sheriff of Cape May County, or designee;
j. Prosecutor of Atlantic County, or designee;
k. Prosecutor of Cape May County, or designee;
All completed nominations must be in our PO Box by the end of business on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
The Valor Awards Committee award decisions will be communicated in writing to all nominators during the week of February 12, 2017. The selected nominee names will be posted on this website on February 15, 2017.
We will be pleased to attend your local Town Council meeting to present the nominee’s award in person. You will also be invited to our 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties Annual Breakfast to be recognized for your award.
Always keep a copy of your nomination at your home just in case it gets lost in the mail and we request a duplicate nomination.
You may contact the 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties Valor Awards Committee by email at: ValorAward200ClubACM@gmail.com.
You should receive a response within 24 hours of your emailed request.
Please also send a “cc” to the Executive Board of the 200 Club of Atlantic and Cape May Counties at email@example.com so that if there is any delay in addressing your inquiry, there will be others in this organization who are not a part of the Valor Awards Committee that know of your attempt to communicate with the Valor Awards Committee.
Download the Valor Award Nomination Forms: